Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Courage 101

(Gulp) Still reeling from the fact that I posted that last one....

Last night Shep and I finally made it to the red chair together. It is one of our favorite spots. We end up there every night once the kids are tucked in. I huddled down into his arms and he knew. He knew the trepidation and anxiety that plagues me. It is plaguing him too.

I asked him, "Honey, is this what courage feels like?"

He just smiled and shrugged and said, "Yep, I think so."

For all of you who are dealing with butterflies in your tummies, restless nights, and shaky hands please know how much I appreciate you living this out with us. I stand constantly amazed at the friends and family who have hemmed us in. I know and sense how you are standing and believing with us.

I teased with one of my friends and said, "Is there any way to be expectant and still try to prepare my heart for disappointment.

She replied with a sigh, "I don't think so."

I just wanted to give you all some insight into my brain. Lest you think that I am sitting here every second with faith spilling out and pouring over, rest assured...I am not! I am, with the help of the Holy Spirit, giving my will, my mind, and my emotions over to Him.

I am running to the Word for constant encouragement. I need it to be life, peace, and power to me right now. He promises that His word can be our life and breath.

Faith is NOT the absence of fear...but standing, with knees knocking together, in the face of fear.

I don't want to fear disappointment so much that I miss out on the divine encounters with God Almighty.

I will tell you that I have asked Him repeatedly for me to be right. I don't want to be wrong anymore and I don't want to have to live out my disappointment and heartache in front of you. I say all of that.....still knowing that His plan may require that of me. But His plan could and hopefully is the mind-blowing, awe-inspiring, run-out-into-the-streets screaming miracle of healing Caroline.

I want to leave you with a few cool things God has let me stumble upon......

***John 13:19 (totally took this out of context....but still a cool thought that God could have given me regarding my situation...)
"I am telling you now before it happens, so that when it does happen you will believe that I am He."

***In a book that I love, "The God Chasers", Tommy Tenny writes:

"God chasers have a lot in common. Primarily, they are not interested in camping out on some dusty truth known to everyone. They are after the fresh presence of the Almighty. Sometimes their pursuit raises the eyebrows of the existing church, but usually they lead the church from a place of dryness back into the place of His presence. If you're a God chaser, you won't be happy to simply follow God's tracks. You will follow them until you apprehend His presence. The difference between the truth of God and revelation is very simple. Truth is where God's been. Revelation is where God is. Truth is God's tracks. It's His trail, His path, but it leads to what? It leads to Him. Perhaps the masses of people are happy to know where God's been, but true God chasers are not content just to study God's trail, His truths; they want to know Him. They want to know where He is and what He's doing right now."

Oh---how I long to be a part of what He is doing right now. I want to chase Him until He catches me....

Psalm 62:5-6
"Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from him.
He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will not be shaken."


(For all of you who leave comments....thank you. You have no idea how God uses those to flame my faith. Keep them coming....)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Deuteronomy 31:6 "The Lord is the one who will go before you. He will be with you; He will not leave you or forsake you. Do not be afraid or discouraged."
When we are tempted to abandon hope, when our strength is sapped and our faith shaken there exists a source from which we can draw courage and wisdo. That source is GOD.

Isaiah 40:31 "But those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strenth, they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint."

Ephesians 6:10 "Be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power.

2 Chronicles 16:9 "The eyes of the Lord range throughout the earth to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him."

1 Corinthians 16:3 "Be on your guard, stand firm in your faith, be a woman of courage and be strong."

1 Chronicles 5:20 "He granted their request because they trusted in him."

Faith doesn't struggle; faith lets God do it all. Corrie Boom

Do you remember what Betty Baxter brought/tithed to the storehouse? She spoke to the Lord and said, I don't have toys, books or even a dress to give you. The only thing I have is me.
Would You and Shep consider bringing your tithes to the storehouse/alter on the 10th, Wednesday. Ask everyone to pray over you.

You hang in there girl friend. I will continue to praise God for Caroline's healing and I will lift you up in prayer today.
Love your sister in Christ
Elaina

Jacquelyn Ray said...

He said He would do EVEN GREATER things....I am excitedly awaiting on the sidelines sister...cheering you on as you running this race of faith...I love you

Anonymous said...

If the devil attempts to convince you today that you are not going to get this healing(dobut, fear or unbelief)...Simple laugh and tell him it is too late, the victory is yours, you have already recieved the healing by faith. Tell him Friday June 12th, 2009, 7:00 am. Then rebuke him!

Matthew 8:13 "Then Jesus said to the Centurion, "go!, It will be done just as you believed it would." And his servant was healed at that very hour."

Isaiah 58:8 "Then your light will break forth like the dawn, and your healing will quickly appear; then your righteousness will go before you and the glory of the Lord will be your rear guard.

James 5:15 "The prayer of faith will save the sick and the Lord will raise him up."

Galations 6:9 'And let us not grow weary while doing good (waiting) for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart." (it is your season)

Proverbs 3:6-8 "In all your ways acknowledge him, he will make your paths straight. Do not be wise in your own eyes; fear the Lord and shun(rebuke) evil. This will bring health to your body and nourishment to your bones.

Exodus 15:26 'I am the Lord, who heals you."

This one goes back to Malachi 3:10
tithes and asking for people to pray over you...
James 5:14-15 "Is any of you sick? He should call on the elders of the church to pray over him and anoint him with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise him up...

I am standing with you in faith and praising God for your baby girls healing.
You go girl! It is yours!
Love your sister in Christ
Elaina