Monday, June 15, 2009

What now??

"When you DON'T know what to do, do what you KNOW to do."

That is where we are.

We have so many questions.

I DO believe that God asked me to take a risk and I was obedient. I know the reason that most people don't take risks is because of how I feel right now....disappointed.

It is hard and I hate it, but I WOULD do it all over again.

I saw faith rise up in people this week. I saw people praying and believing this week. I saw many people step out and take their own risks with God. (Craig and Leighanne :>))

So, the risk I took DID DO something.

I felt like it woke some of us up from a spiritual slumber.

God was and is pleased with that. He loves faith. He loves for His children to take risks simply because they love and trust Him.

I still pray that God does this healing soon.
I pray that this move He started last week among His people will just continue to swell and grow.
I know the enemy is furious by this outpouring of faith and he is loving this opportunity of disappointment to whisper discouraging things to all of us.

As I have mentioned, Shep and I are terribly gun shy about believing what we think we are hearing from God.

We need some clarity and understanding pretty quickly. However, we need to KNOW that it is from GOD!

We need to know....what now?

We can't back up or back down. We have no other back up plan.

My mentor, Marje, sent me these verses on the morning of the 13th....

Hebrews 10:35-39
"So do not throw away your confidence; it will be richly rewarded. You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what he has promised. For in just a little while,
'He who is coming will come and not delay.
But my righteous on will live by faith.
And if he shrinks back,
I will not be pleased with him.'
But we are not of those who shrink back and are destroyed, but of those who believe and are saved."

Heavenly Father..
I, like so many others are disappointed. We don't understand. We felt like our faith was huge. I do believe you were and still are pleased. Our flesh wants to shrink back from you. Help us forge ahead through determination and courage. Help us to not get bogged down in how we feel. Give us a hunger and a desperation to hear and see you. We want a revival to begin. We want to see the God we read about and not the god we have made to fit our needs and wants. Thank you for holding all of us during this time. You knew we would hurt. You knew we wouldn't understand. Show us what to do next. If it means just doing more of the same...that is fine. Despite how I feel and my many questions, I will believe you. I will trust you. I will still hope in you. I will still wait on you. I do love you.

No comments: