Saturday, June 13, 2009

Numb

Here it is....June 13th.

The miracle DIDN'T happen.

I don't know what to say or how to feel. I am sure you have all been here at some point in your life.

"How did I miss you God?"

"How could you have wanted us to go through all of this?"

I KNOW GOD IS GOOD....but right now I feel cheated, disappointed, and cast away.

I have been here before. The feeling hasn't changed. I will say it is intensified. It hurts more and worse than before.

I feel like I have been holding on to a helium filled balloon for 7 years and I am tempted to let it fly into the air and disappear. Why should I hold on to it any more? I could do so much more and life would be easier to do things with both hands. That balloon feels like "the healing". I have carried this hope for so long. What if I just let it go?? I must say it would feel like a death to watch it fly into the sky and disappear. But, am I being silly by going through life with one hand tied up by holding a balloon?

Is anyone getting this analogy???

Please know that I am brain vomiting here. Feelings are hard to process and I am doing the best I can. I don't want to pray. I don't want to read the Word. I don't want to talk to anyone.

But.....I will.

I will pray. I will read the Word. I will talk about this.

I don't have a choice.

If I don't, I will spiritually die. That ISN'T an option.

Please pray for me and Shep. The mood in our home is so sad. We are utterly confused. Have we been wrong the whole time about Caroline? Have we only heard what we wanted to hear? Did God want us to walk through this disappointment in front of an audience? We want desperately to hear something from Him....the hard part is.....we don't trust what we think we hear now.

That is a hurdle that only God can help us jump over....

To my amazing faith-filled friends.....keep holding our hands up. Don't look at us with pity. We need your strength not your sadness. We need your assurance not your assessment of the situation. We need your love and not your judgement.

I don't know what all of this was about.

I know His ways are higher than mine.

I know that He will often sacrifice our feelings in order to complete His plan.

I am not as hurt as I thought I would be....I just have so many questions...

I don't know what else to say. It may be a few days before I can bring myself to post a new blog.

One thing I know. He has given us friends and family that have rallied like nothing I have seen. I still pray that He is about to move....maybe He was just lighting the fire to get us ready....

I hope so....

8 comments:

Anne said...

My thoughts and prayers will continue to be with the Helton family. I will continue to believe and lift Caroline up daily.

Anonymous said...

It's NOT OVER! GOD ALMIGHTY is still in control and still on the throne! Keep believing and trusting HIM! Love you all! Lori

Tess said...

You are an incredible woman of Faith, there is NO doubt about that. I know that something happened June 12th and the week prior... I know there were people touched and lives changed and I know that there are now even more people who know this story and are believing GOD for the HEALING THAT WILL COME. I'm filled with questions too... I love you dearly and I will help hold your hands up for as long as I need to! Talk to you soon.

Anonymous said...

I will say it again...faith and obedience are twins. You and Shep have always displayed both! I will never stop believing! Love all of you!
Michele

Steph said...

Andrea,

You, Shep, and Caroline continue to be in my prayers. Something amazing did happen this week. Through your family my faith life was rocked in a way that I didn't even know was possible.

I love you and will keep standing beside you as you continue this journey.

Love,
Steph

Anonymous said...

Andrea and Shep- Erik and I just want you to know that we love you and your amazing family. You guys have been on our hearts continuously the past weeks and we are hurting with you but we will continue for us all to see Gods plan in this. What is going on, we are asking alot of the same questions right along with you but we will never stop believing right along with you too. So much LOVE.

Anonymous said...

Andrea & Shep,

The shame you feel comes from your hand on the string. It is time for YOU to let go of the baloon. You, with the help of your brothers and sisters, will reach our hands to the feet of the throne of the cross. There sits the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross and dispised shame! This is the one who needs to be holding the string. I along side you must focus on reaching for our Savior and hold fast in his promises! Our only other option is to give up and turn around only to be slaves to Egypt again!

We stand and charge forward with you!

Francine said...

Andrea,
Remember this sweeheart..the miracle that happened that day may not be able to be seen by your eyes just yet. Trust him...oh sweetie trust him. He is working and by your faith there are miracles that have been preformed through others through all of this as well. God's working on that sweet girl and "IN HIS TIME" he will allow you to see it.. not because he is punishing you or trying to be mean he is just working on that sweet baby and making everything that needs to be right. I know it's frustrating I REALLY do now how frustrating it can be just hold on and know we are all praying and still belieiving and knowing GOD IS WORKING!!!!
love you,
Francine