Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Back to the basics

Don't you wish sometimes that you could go back to the "God is great, God is good, let us thank Him for our food. By His hands we all are fed, thank you Lord for daily bread" kind of faith.

The simple basics.

God is great. God is good. We should thank Him always.

This is a season of my life that I am seriously trudging through. I would love to catch a plane and go over it....dig a tunnel and go under it...find some way around it. But nope....trudging THROUGH it. I am not myself. I feel the full weight of all that is swirling around in this head.

I don't think that it is coincidence that I am studying Esther. Beth explains that God is strangely absent from this book of the Bible. Can I relate??? YES!! I feel like God is strangely absent and on purpose I might add. God worked through people and behind the scenes in this book of the Bible. Why does He do that??? This working through me is for the birds....(I am laughing). It is hard.

I will say this though. In the midst of this trudging... I am still finding fresh freedom, mercy, and grace every single time I whisper prayers to my Father. He is there beside me (even if I can't see or feel Him) and He is trudging every step with me...probably even carrying me. I have had some sweet moments with Him the past few days.

Simple things....watching my children do zany and annoying things and enjoying it...finding patience with myself and people when I want to yell and scream (that can only be the Holy Spirit)...loving just "being" with my handsome man...finding freedom in boundaries...and my circle of peeps. Are you kidding me?? Anytime I want to see tangible proof of His love for me I don't have to look too far. He has encircled around me some stubborn folks...they won't for the life of me let me slip too far. You know who you are.....I love you. I don't deserve any of you....your annoying love for me and Jesus both convicts and champions me. Thank you.

No comments: