Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Life today

So...I have been busy today. I have cooked soup (home-made creamy tomato, fennel, and dill and Ava loved it) done laundry, commandeered as Zeke tried to take over the house in his baby walker, and now we are preparing to leave for ballet.

In the midst of all of this we are preparing for Ava and Joseph's (one of her best buds) birthday party. We have rented a big inflatable jumper and wouldn't you know it is calling for rain. I am praying with all that is in me that God would either hold off the rain until after the party or get it all done the night before....can't I pray this with authority?? :>)

My devotion (it was a quick one) said something interesting...

"Even the natural heart of the unsaved will serve if called upon to do so, but it takes a heart broken by conviction of sin, baptized by the Holy Spirit, and crushed into submission to God's purpose to make a person's life a holy example of God's message".

Isn't it sad that often times we have to be "crushed" into submission. I can certainly identify with this one. This "crushing" that God has to do is painful, confusing, and often times lonely. I think about how I am already having to pop Zeke's hand and tell him "NO" in my firm voice. He will cry (especially when I pop his hand) and his little fact looks "crushed" to this mommy. But, I want him to be an obedient kid and one who respects authority. If he learns to respect mom and dad then respecting and submitting to God shouldn't be too much of a stretch for him. It is already a part of preparing him for what is to come....

Well, same with me right?? I have no idea what God has around the corner for me. I do know that this "crushing" into submission is necessary. It will prepare me! He loves me too much to take me to a place without first preparing me for it.

Go get "crushed"!

No comments: