Monday, March 16, 2009

Rain couldn't stop us!!







Ava and Joseph (one of her best pals ) were born just two days apart. They have literally played together since birth. Anyway, Joseph's mom and I decided to have a combined birthday party for them. Let me just say that when we planned it...we were hoping for beautiful "springtime" weather. Well, what we got was rainy with a high of about 50 degrees. Oh well, we had to make the best of it. We had rented a big inflatible jumper and (thanks be unto my sweet God) it actually stopped raining during the party. The kids were troopers and didn't seem to mind the cold and wet too much.
I wanted to include pictures of these two. They are precious together. Shep and I along with Joseph's parents (who happen to be some of our best friends) are endlessly amazed at how sweet and attentive they are to each other. I think it has something to do with the boy/girl mix. If this were two boys or two girls it probably wouldn't work this way.
Anyway, the party was a hit! I love the picture of Ava looking at her cake. She was filled with delight...the baking, preparing, worrying, wrapping, buying, and packing was all worth it. That look on her face was priceless to me.
Happy 4th birthday to you.....
(where has the time gone?????)

No comments: