Friday, March 13, 2009

Oh...the dreaded question

***Remember I am just shy of 10 months past being pregnant*****

Last night I was enjoying moving hanger after hanger as I scowered over consignment clothes at a nearby church sale. I was focused and intent on finding Caroline some clothes. She has hit a growth spurt and suddenly needs new clothes. Anyway, my lips were pursed together and anyone looking at me would have known that I was on a serious mission.

Then IT happened. A friend (who really is sweet and I am sure wants to now bury her head under the ground) approached me. These were her words...

"Did you swallow a cantaloupe?"

Then she smiled at me...with that knowing smile...like she just knew she had uncovered my secret.

Again...she went on..."Are you expecting again?"

At this point my face must have been 20 shades of red as I begin looking down at my waistline to see if there was something protruding that I hadn't noticed when I put my jeans on.
Nope! Nothing had changed!! There was that little shelf of leftover flab from having three kids which I do in fact HATE. But that was all. So maybe that leftover flab screams to other people...pregnant!!

O.k O.k. O.k.

I am getting a grip and I have had several good laughs about it. Some of my friends joined in my painful laughter and tried to console me.

But of course my Lord has pointed out to me that I have to move past this quickly or else it turns into a prideful and vain thing.......I don't want that at all. But.................if you are reading this and you think a woman you see MAY be pregnant. Just don't ask!! Don't even look! It may just be the shelf of flab in her mid-section playing tricks on your eyes. Don't risk the embarassment for yourself or the binge of eating that the lady you ask is going to want to do. :>)

3 comments:

Jacquelyn Ray said...

you are too funny. it has happened to us all :)

Francine said...

bless your heart... see i have NO excuse i haven't even had any kids yet!!LOL... by the way i think you look great!!!

Amanda Brantley said...

Ahahahahaha!!!

Dave Barry once said that you should NEVER assume that a woman is pregnant unless you see a baby emerging from her at that very moment. : )

(For some reason, senior ladies like to do it)