Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Me and Caroline




I am just sitting here with my girl. She is babbling on and on to me. For those of you that do not get the privilege of spending time with Caroline...she loves to talk. Talking is a stretch....she doesn't say words necessarily...but she babbles with loud noises and funny facial expressions. I just know she is telling me all about her day...what she has thought about. I even think she tells me of her talks with Jesus.

I am sure she has them. She is so pure of heart. She is weak physically and I know He tends to her.

She cracks me up. She is beautiful and loves to laugh. She also loves men...Shep(daddy), grand-daddy, Pop, Pa Paw Wes, J.P., Derrick, Jon, Drew, Craig, Danny and the list goes on. I think she is typical and likes the attention.

This is what most people assume incorrectly about people and kids with special needs. Most people see the handicap and lose sight of the person. Caroline is a hoot and for those people who take the time to know her...they discover how special she is.

When I tell people that Caroline has a temper on her and she can pitch a fit with the best of them...they cannot believe it. Hah!!! She is beyond stubborn!

She will also use "pity" to her advantage. The other day her therapist, Heather, accidentally fell while holding Caroline. Now, she didn't fall far. She was only about 8 inches off of the floor. Well, Caroline was tired of working in therapy and used this event to begin crying like a mad woman. She cried and cried and cried. I held her. Heather apologized. Still 30 minutes later she is still working it.
Then her grand-daddy calls. He asks her if she is feeling alright. (She talks to him at least once a day...we call and I hold the phone down so she can babble to him)

Anyway, as soon as he asks her she pokes out that lip and begins to cry AGAIN. Are you kidding??? It had been 3 hours already....can anyone say DRAMA QUEEN???

Can you imagine? She is this fun now and I can't really even talk to her....what will she be like when Jesus opens her mouth to speak and strengthens her legs to walk. I think we will stay in stitches with her.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures of my girls. Knowing my Caroline is a blessing beyond compare. She is as you decribed...normally spirited with a disposition like most her age yet the most pure of heart, gentle and sweetI have ever known. I too believe Jesus sings over her, holds her, rocks her, kisses her, smiles at her,and tells her secrets about her tomorrows. I am so honored to be her grandmomma.
Still believing and awaiting her healing.

Mom

KSH said...

Hi Andrea...I wanted to reintroduce myself to you I met you about 18 months ago while visiting your ss class when we moved to Cville from Madison MS and was reintroduced to you at the PS conference at Roswell BC via Cindy Walker...your hus. performend the closing on our house and I stumbled upon your blog a month ago and enjoy reading it. I have one as well. htt://northgeorgiapeaches.blogspot.com
anyway I was at the A T conference today and am so thankful to CFB for hosting it...It was awesome!!!!
God IS Good!! thoroughly enjoyed the way yall (praise team ) prepared our hearts for a true worship of our Christ. Nice to meet you and hope to see you again soon ... I will keep you and Caroline in my prayers
Love IN Christ, Kelly Hall

Anonymous said...

precious caroline.
i remember one time when i was watching her for you years ago she was making some kind of funny noise when i had my back to her and i spun around and was kidding with her saying, "where did that noise come from?" she stayed silent until i turned my back again and then made the noise again. we played that game for a good 5 minutes and every time i would spin around to her she would crack up! i remember a lot of times like that that i got to share with your sweet girl. reading your story about her being a drama queen was SO funny to me.
i think about that girl so often and i'm so thankful for all the times i got to spend with her and just "chat."
love you andrea!!

hannah

Jacquelyn Ray said...

She is such a beautiful girl! I can't wait to see her dance before the Lord!