Saturday, March 7, 2009

Ladies Conference

Today was a great day at our church. We had our annual ladies conference. Angela Thomas was our guest speaker...she was wonderful. We also had our former interim pastor's wife give her testimony...it was equally as wonderful.

Anytime a bunch of women get together for anything there is usually laughter and tears. Today was no exception. It was and always is medicine for this soul.

What is it about laughter?? It makes you just feel good all over. I love to laugh. I wish I did it a lot more.
I also love to listen to people laugh. Some of my favorite friends and family have the best laughs. Even if I don't find the topic funny...I will smile and enjoy someone else's laughter.

Today's topic from both of these ladies was just dealing with the unexpected that life may throw our way. Both of their stories entail devastating events that occurred in their lives. They were turned upside down, broken to pieces, and even felt abandoned by God. In hindsight, however, they knew and saw His plan better. They still may not understand but they do see Him written into each day. Every moment of their devastation...He was knee deep in it with them.

This message is so appealing to our world. Pain is no respector of persons. It doesn't acknowledge race, ethnicity, age, religion, or gender. It just is.................................pain is universal. We will all have it at some time. What do we do with it??

My plan right now and what I continue to understand in the midst of my personal pain and struggle is this: don't waste this pain. Take it and run to Jesus. Yell it out...cry it out...talk it out...and when all that is done..............................................................keep pressing on.

Thanks to these ladies...I was encouraged today. My Lord was glorified through them. I saw His power resonating through their stories. I want that too. I want to tell my story one day and encourage others as well. The difference is that I don't want to be alone telling my story...I want my sweet Caroline standing right beside me.

Until then....we wait on Him. We learn in this process....and we keep living every single day.:>)

1 comment:

KSH said...

i hope and pray you DO get to tell your story one day with her beside
Glorifying our GOD!