Saturday, March 28, 2009

My unfortunate test

So...

Yesterday I wrote an entire blog just bragging on my man. Believe me, I meant every word.

However, I didn't pass the test as a wife yesterday. You would think from reading how much I adore him that I would act like a grown up when we get thrown a curve ball.

Yesterday we got some news that required a re-arranging of our schedule for this weekend....especially Saturday. Well...I am just telling you that there could not be a worst day to re-arrange than today. Busy doesn't even begin to accurately describe my day. I was depending on Shep to care for the kids most of the day...that had been the plan.

But, as we know, when things happen you've just got to adjust.

My point in telling you these details is basically this: I was a jerk to my man yesterday. I got mad at the "situation" not him. I was irritated for having to re-plan my day. ME! ME! ME!

See how completely sweet my day started out and how quickly I turned into mean...and look...isn't that interesting...the word "MEan" actually accentuates why I was mean. It was all about me. Truly sad....

I did come to my senses after much conviction from my ever-present friend and guide... the Holy Spirit. I repented to Him and Shep. I confessed how awful I behaved and then the hard part came. Choosing NOT to walk in condemnation the rest of the day.

It wasn't too bad though. Shep was never unkind...even when I gave him good cause to be.

So...Andrea didn't pass this test.

Can I confess I was never a good test taker?? I have a feeling that one doesn't work with God!!

No comments: