Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Only the WORD would do

Last night was restless for me. My sleep was off and on. I would wake up to an assault of thoughts and persuasions....lies, accusations, manipulations, and messages of fear and doubt.

See...this is part of the waiting process. There is another part too. I must go on the offensive and fight back. The WORD of God is my weapon and I am learning to be a better fighter with it.

But, getting back to that other part. During this waiting period (almost 7 years) the "mind game" that the enemy plays with me is vicious and constant. I don't get a day off because the enemy doesn't ever take one.

Unfortunately I am one of those people who others can read like a book. If I am not doing well...my friends can tell. I might as well have a neon sign flashing across my forehead. But, guess what...the enemy sees that too. He has become brilliant at reading people...just think...he and his nasty followers have been doing it for thousands of years.

They study their prey...and that is exactly what we are to them. Prey.....something to steal, kill, and destroy.

They studied Abraham.
They studied Isacc
They studied Jacob
They studied Joseph, Job, David, Paul, the disciples...the list goes on.

Well...they also study me. They know when I am down and that is their signal to attack.

This was the case last night.

My season of life right now...is just simply: tough. Shep and I have a lot going on...many reasons we could worry and be fretful and anxious. However, we are (with the help of the Holy Spirit) standing on the Word and renouncing those thoughts from the enemy.

(I say all of this so that you understand....there is NO giving up here...we may feel like it...but we are praying and persevering. God has not promised that our entires lives would be pleasant mountain tops, the seasons in the valley can be long and the length of time in that valley serves an important purpose.)

(Oh, how I get de-railed...back to last night)

So, finally after much tossing and turning....praying and quoting scripture...I decided to get up. I felt led to get in the Word. I went to our den and my Bible fell open to a familiar passage in Isaiah 55. I decided to start there and continue reading until I felt God speak to me. I made it to Isaiah 58: 6-12 and my spirit quickened. There was something in this for me. I read it several times...I must tell you that I liked the part about healing. God knew I would...I think it was especially for me.
Then, I decided to move on. I was headed to the Psalms but my Bible opened to Hosea 6. I have verses 1-3 highlighted in my Bible. I felt my spirit quicken again. This was for me.
These verses also spoke of healing....

Anyway, I am going to pray about all of this. I don't know what these verses are to say to me or if I am to apply them in any way. But----I desperately want to know!!

This blogging thing helps me get things out....definitely cheaper than therapy.

However, right now, the Great Physician...the best Psychologist to help me during this time is reminding me of our appointment. So, I am off to pray....

No comments: