Saturday, March 21, 2009

Calling All Thrill-Seekers...

O.K. so before anyone freaks out about my kids on the motorcycle w/o helmets or anything....Shep only took them down the 1 road in our neighborhood. And yes, for all of you who are wondering...that really is a snugglie. If you were wondering how sturdy your snugglie really is, then just look at us. Our snugglie (bought long ago) held Caroline and Ava while Shep drove them down the street. Pretty cool, I thought. Anyway, they had a blast. Caroline loved it! She actually sulked when Ava got to have her turn.

I can promise you that Shep was beside himself too. Two of his favorite things together...his girls and his bike. I also love riding with him. Some of my best talks with the Lord have been on the back on that bike. Somehow it just feels different...better. It is like you're not just looking at the scenery...you are with it.









Things have been pretty quiet from me this week. Not that I haven't had things to say...just not the TIME to say them. This Esther Bible study is wearing me out! I love it and hate it at the same time. This past week in video session 2 I learned just how mean us girls are....that means me!
Oh, I hate it! Why do we tolerate meanness?? I hate this trait in others but I will somehow explain it or justify it in myself. God help me. I don't want meanness in my life. I know I will slip up and occasionally be mean...but I don't want to be mean on purpose. I know girls who are...simply mean on purpose. I have been on the receiving end and it isn't fun.
So, Father help me gain favor by being kind. This trait seems to have gone away and is looked at like something our grandparents used to be. Well...I want kindness back. And I don't want the kind of kindness that always looks for an angle (thanks D) but the sincere, genuine, Jesus kind of kindness.
Well, I am off to go ride. I can't wait!! Some sweet time with my hunky man....and I am sure I will encounter something along the way that will require a little bit of kindness.:>)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey...that week spoke tremendously to me too...goodness. WHY? Why are we mean? WHY? What good does it serve? YUCK is what I have to say about that!! Oh I pray that the Lord shows me my sin! I sure miss you! I loved the pics of the girls on the bike! :) love you!! emh